What to do if you suspect mold in a place your rent

If you have reason to believe that you have mold where you rent, it is best to talk to the property owner, landlord or builder first.  If they are not taking the necessary steps regarding mold exposure, removal and testing, there are other options for you.  As a renter, you are able to contact your local board of health or housing authority.  You can also review your lease contract and contact local authorities, your insurance company or an attorney to learn more about your legal rights.  Contacting your local or state authorities will give you more information about what to do next.

Ohio Health Department

Kentucky Health Department

Mold Testing Cincinnati and Northern Ky

Mold Removal Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky


For 24/7/365 Mold Hotline you can call Icon Property Rescue at 513-396-6653